About Me

My photo
My name is Scott Meckley. I enjoy blogging, and getting involved with internet marketing. I love working from home because you have the opportunity to create time freedom for yourself.

Search This Blog

Share My Blog

Victor Oladipo

Philadelphia 76ers Rugs

All-In-One Bookmarking Button

share

Philadelphia 76ers Players Jerseys and T-Shirts Shop

Friday, June 5, 2015

2015 NBA Finals Game 1: Warriors take game 1 in overtime

The year was 1975,  two things happened,  1) This was the year I was born,  2) Most importantly this was the last time, the Golden State Warriors won an NBA Title and was in the NBA Finals.   After 40 years of rebuilding, struggling, making the playoffs and getting bounced out, the Golden State Warriors finally achieved the goal of getting back to the Finals.   I don't know how many of you watched the game last night, but I know I turned on to ABC and watching game 1.  At first it was the Cleveland Cavaliers coming out and dominating, but in the back of my mind, I was thinking, no way is this game over even when they were ahead by 14 points.   Warriors point guard Stephen Curry, and shooting Klay Thompson are hard to stop.  If one of them has a great game the Warriors have a shot, if both of them have a great game, then it's usually over for the opposing team.




I was hooked from the moment the game started, to the end of it.  I didn't even want to at all get up to go to the bathroom, because of what I was seeing.  Golden State Warriors and wing defender Andre Iguodala was playing good solid defense on Cleveland Cavaliers small forward, and considered the best player in the NBA Lebron James.   My eyes were glued to the set because it was too exciting, and more exciting than the 2014 NBA Finals.  This is the best Finals I've seen in a long time. 



The Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 108-100, to win game 1 at Oracle Arena in Oakland California where there were 19,596 fans attending the game.   Stephen Curry lead the way for the Warriors with 26 points, 8 assists and 4 rebounds.   Klay Thompson scored 21 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks.  Andre Iguodala scored 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists.  Draymond Green scored 12 points and 6 rebounds.  Harrison Barnes added 11 points and 6 rebounds. Here are the full stats for the Warriors


Golden State Warriors double digit scorers

Stephen Curry- 26 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 turnovers, 2 steals, 10/20 FG, 2/6 3PTFG, 4/4 FT
Klay Thompson- 21 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks,  5/14 FG, 3/9 3PTFG, 8/8 FT
Andre Iguodala- 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 6/8 FG, 2/3 3PTFG, 1/2 FT
Draymond Green- 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 4/13 FG, 4/4 FT, 0/3 3PTFG
Harrison Barnes- 11 points, 6 rebounds, 4/9 FG, 3/5 3PTFG,

Golden State Warriors Statistical Breakdown

Field Goal Percentage- 44%
Three Point -  37%
Free Throw-  90%
Rebounds-  48 (37- Defensive Rebounds and 11 Offensive Rebounds)
Assists- 24
Steals- 8
Turnovers-12
Blocks- 5



Cleveland Cavaliers double digit scorers

Lebron James-  44 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 turnovers, 18/38 FG, 6/10 FT, 2/8 3PTFG
Kyrie Irving-  23 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks, 10/22 FG, 2/8 3PTFG, 1/1 FT
Timofey Mozgov- 16 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 5/10 FG, 6/8 FT



Cleveland Cavaliers Statistical  Breakdown

Field Goal Percentage- 41%
Three Point-  29%
Free Throw -  68%
Rebounds-  45 ( 32- Defensive Rebounds and 13 Offensive Rebounds)
Assists- 19
Steals-  10
Turnovers- 11
Blocks-  5





So what are your thoughts on game 1?  Be honest who did you want to win?   I know that I enjoy the talent of Stephen Curry and Lebron James, so I can't really give my view on who I wanted to win. Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors for winning game 1.    Here is some 2015 Finals merchandise for you if you would like to purchase some.










No comments: