About Me

My photo
My name is Scott Meckley. I enjoy blogging, and getting involved with internet marketing. I love working from home because you have the opportunity to create time freedom for yourself.

Search This Blog

Share My Blog

Victor Oladipo

Philadelphia 76ers Rugs

All-In-One Bookmarking Button

share

Philadelphia 76ers Players Jerseys and T-Shirts Shop

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

2014-2015 Western Conference Predictions

A few days ago I released my 2014-2015 Eastern Conference Predictions,  Today I am releasing my Western Conference Predictions.   I want people to understand that my opinions may or may not be right.  I am not trying to disrespectful any of these teams.  After the first three to four teams, the Western Conference gets harder and harder to predict, because it's the tougher conference.  I will give my list of the 8 teams in the Playoffs,  2 close but no cigar teams and the Western Conference bottom 5.



2014-2015 Western Conference Playoff Teams


  1. San Antonio Spurs
  2. Los Angeles Clippers
  3. Oklahoma City Thunder
  4. Golden State Warriors
  5. Dallas Mavericks
  6. Memphis Grizzlies
  7. Portland Trailblazers
  8. New Orleans Pelicans

 Close but no cigar two teams

     9. Houston Rockets
   10. Los Angeles Lakers


Bottom 5 Western Conference

  11. Denver Nuggets
  12. Phoenix Suns
  13. Minnesota Timberwolves
  14. Sacramento Kings
  15. Utah Jazz



Now let me explain a little bit about the top 8 teams who I feel are going to make the playoffs a bit


1) San Antonio-  The way their system is, I can't see them finishing worse than 3rd.  I think they will finish 1st, because of the fact that coach Gregg Popovich knows how to be a minutes manager.  No player averaged more than 30 minutes per game last season.  Playing like this to me makes the team more dangerous, and the bench gets to learn more.  They could possibly finish 2nd or 3rd, but this system is excellent which makes me have them finishing top of the Western Conference.

2) L.A. Clippers-  The Clippers added Spencer Hawes and Ekpe Udoh to their 4 and 5 spots.  Hawes will be great to have coming in the last 5 minutes of the game, no disrespect to DeAndre Jordan, but he can't hit free throws.  Hawes can.  When Jordan comes out, Hawes can step out and knock down the three.  It will keep defenses confused and honest.  Blake Griffin will be a top 5 MVP candidate this year.  He may end up taking it or Lebron, now that Durant will be out for 6-8 weeks.  They lost Darren Collison and Jared Dudley. They signed Jordan Farmar who is okay.  I think Collison was more of a keeper. I give this team credit for finally adding some depth at power forward and center.  You now at the center and power forward have DeAndre Jordan, Spencer Hawes, Ekpe Udoh, Blake Griffin, and Glen (Big Baby) Davis.  This team brought back Turkoglu to be their small forward or stretch 4.  Clippers are one of the teams that if they can get past the Spurs and the Thunder could be in the NBA Finals. 

3) Oklahoma City-  I would have had this team at 1 or 2, but the injury to Durant drops them to 3.  Russell Westbrook will get to be the man in OKC.  How well will he do?  I want to see Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones III get more playing time.  This team drafted Mitch McGary who I feel was a good choice.  This team added Anthony Morrow who I feel should be the starter, with Reggie Jackson as the sixth man.  This team has some depth, but coach Scott Brooks seems to play mostly the same 7 or 8 man rotation.  You have 12 guys use them.  

4) Golden State-  The Warriors added 6 foot 7 guard Shawn Livingston during the off-season.  I feel he is a good pickup for the Warriors.  Livingston could play the point, the two guard, and maybe even the 3 or 4 if you wanted to go small.  The splash brothers and David Lee are the big reason I have them at 4.  You could even maybe put Dallas, Memphis or possibly Portland here too.  I would like to see Jermaine O Neal return, but I haven't heard yet about him. So if you know any info about him let me know.  

5) Dallas-  Trading for Tyson Chandler is one of the reasons I have this team here. I almost wanted to put them at 4, but with the Western Conference being so tough, it's hard to decide. With Dirk and Monta being the scoring leaders the Mavericks will be exciting to watch this season.  The Mavs also picked up Chandler Parsons.  I'm a small bit concerned about the bench of this team, because of Vince Carter signing with the Grizzlies.  Jameer Nelson was added along with Raymond Felton who are okay point guards.  Who would you start at the point if you're the Mavericks?  

6) Memphis-  This team could finish as high as 4 maybe even 3 possibly.  Marc Gasol has to stay healthy this season.  I love the pickup of Vince Carter.  With Mike Conley, Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph leading the way, this team is without a doubt a playoff team.  I can't wait to see how Courtney Lee does.  Where would you put Memphis?  

7) Portland-  Why do I have Portland down here?  The Western Conference is tough.  This team could finish 4th possibly.  After the first three teams it's tough to predict.  The Blazers I feel did upgrade their bench by adding Chris Kaman and Steve Blake.  They lost Mo Williams to the T-Wolves, but losing one, to get two solid ones is a good trade off. Aldridge and Lillard will be the spark to this team.  Batum and Matthews on the wings knocking down three's.  Robin Lopez banging down low. I underestimated this team last year,  this year they are at least a playoff team.  

8) New Orleans-  This was the toughest seed of all.  I could put a number of teams here ( Houston, L.A. Lakers, Phoenix, Denver and maybe even Minnesota).  I"m going with the Pelicans as my sleeper team.  I feel that if everyone can remain healthy for 80 percent of the season, this team will sneak into that 8th and final spot in the Western Conference. They adding Omer Asik who is a top 20 starting center in the NBA.  Asik is in my opinion underrated. Putting him with Anthony Davis is going to be amazing in the paint.  You may see a lot of shot blocking in New Orleans.  Jrue Holiday has to be healthy in my opinion for this team to be in the playoffs.  He's an important piece to this Pelicans franchise.  I have faith in Anthony Davis and believes that he is a top 5 MVP candidate this year.  I feel that Pelicans fans will have something to be excited about this season. Would you agree?


Okay so those are my predictions for the Western Conference.  Would you agree with me that the Western Conference is much harder to predict than the Eastern Conference?  I do feel it is fun to make predictions anyway even if it's tough.  I don't claim to be right.  I just like sharing my predictions, and I enjoy hearing your predictions too.  If you don't agree with my predictions I want to know why. Send me your comments and thank you for reading Pro Basketball Hoops Land. I can't wait for the NBA Season to officially start.  

No comments: