About Me

My photo
My name is Scott Meckley. I enjoy blogging, and getting involved with internet marketing. I love working from home because you have the opportunity to create time freedom for yourself.

Search This Blog

Share My Blog

Victor Oladipo

Philadelphia 76ers Rugs

All-In-One Bookmarking Button

share

Philadelphia 76ers Players Jerseys and T-Shirts Shop

Monday, October 20, 2014

Eastern Conference Predictions

Today I am starting a post about my Eastern Conference Predictions.  I will give a list of the 8 teams who I believe will make the playoffs.  I will then list close but not quite with 9 and 10.  The last 5 will be called the bottom 5.  After I give my list. I will give a brief to long explanation of the 8 teams in the playoffs.


Eastern Conference Playoff Teams


  1. Cleveland Cavaliers
  2. Chicago Bulls
  3. Washington Wizards
  4. Toronto Raptors
  5. Miami Heat
  6. Charlotte Hornets
  7. Brooklyn Nets
  8. Detroit Pistons


Close but not quite
9. Atlanta Hawks
10. New York Knicks


Bottom 5

11. Milwaukee Bucks
12. Indiana Pacers
13. Orlando Magic
14. Boston Celtics
15. Philadelphia 76ers






1) Cleveland-  I was torn about this and Chicago.  I think Lebron and Kyrie will do great together. Kevin Love is my only concern. This team does have a lot of depth on it with ( starting five of Anderson Varejao, Kevin Love, Lebron James, Dion Waiters and Kyrie Irving,  possibly starting Tristan Thompson,  coming off the bench Shawn Marion, Brendan Haywood, James Jones, and Mike Miller. Ray Allen might possibly come here too.  Cleveland could possibly finish 2.
2) Chicago-  I'm not sure how the health of Derrick Rose will be.  If healthy Chicago will be a 1.  Since I didn't know the health of D-Rose I decided to put them 2.  Hinrich is a solid NBA player. I love the signing of Aaron Brooks. People may have forgotten but Brooks was a starter for the Houston Rockets before being traded to the Phoenix Suns, where he was basically thrown into the wood chipper.  Drafting Doug McDermott was good because it gives another shooter coming off the bench.  Jimmy Butler has been playing good in the pre-season.  My favorite signing was Pau Gasol.  Gasol and Noah are the perfect 4 and 5 combination.  Gasol can step out and hit that 18 foot jumper or bang down low in the post.  The only complaint I have about the Chicago Bulls is no player to create his own shot.  I would have wished this team would have kept either Nate Robinson or Marco Belinelli.  I would like to see Ray Allen come here.  
3) Washington- I have the Wizards winning the Southeast Division.  I believe they are going to be good. They lost Trevor Ariza, but signed Paul Pierce for veteran leadership to the young back court of John Wall and Bradley Beal.  The Wizards brought back Marcin Gortat and Drew Gooden down low.  The Washington Wizards added Kris Humphries and DeJuan Blair to go with Nene, Gooden and Gortat.  The 4 and 5 spots are stacked in Washington.  
4) Toronto-  I have the Raptors winning the Atlantic.  Kyle Lowry was impressive last year. DeMar DeRozan was a first time All-Star last year.  How well will Jonas Valanciunas be down low.  The Raptors will be as good as last year maybe even better.  What do you think?
5) Miami-  Miami Heat lost Lebron James to Cleveland.  The Heat added some quality pieces in his absence.  Luol Deng is a two way player who I think Heat fans will love.  Danny Granger when healthy I would almost put in the same category as Lebron. Granger is a high class guy in the locker room.  Josh McRoberts will be good ( and I thought he was going to be a bust in the NBA).  I was proven wrong.  Dwyane Wade health is my biggest concern for the Miami Heat.  When healthy Wade is a top 3 NBA two guard.  Will rookie Shabazz Napier be solid?  Chris Bosh will have to be the man or at least 2nd option.  Can Bosh do it?  I believe he can.  Why I like the Heat, I feel that most players on this squad know their role.  How can anyone knock the fact that they've been to the NBA Finals for the last 4 years?  
6) Charlotte-  Now they are the Hornets again.  I'm still use to calling them the Bobcats.  Big Al Jefferson is back for year 2 with Charlotte.  The Hornets signed Lance Stephenson during the off-season which it's the Pacers loss.  If Wizards and Heat weren't in the division, or didn't make decent upgrades,  I would have Charlotte winning the Southeast Division.  Can't wait to watch Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd Gilchrist.  You can say the Hornets now have a big 3 of Al, Kemba and Stephenson.  This team could even possibly finish 5th or 4th.  
7) Brooklyn-  While KG is on his last legs,  I still think he's a good NBA player.  Brook Lopez is back,  Joe Johnson is clutch. Deron Williams need to be the man.  You are the point guard D-Will.  Let's see you back in the conversation of who is better between you and Chris Paul.  I think this team did take a step back losing Paul Pierce to Washington Wizards, Marcus Thornton to the Boston Celtics, and Shaun Livingston to the Golden State Warriors. I think that the Nets will find a way to make the playoffs.  They have coach Lionel Hollins who is a good NBA coach.  
8) Detroit-  This was the toughest seed for me.  I"m going with the Pistons as my sleeper team. They added Jodie Meeks, and some veteran presence by signing Caron Butler and D.J. Augustin.  The Pistons also have tough as nails but good coach Stan Van Gundy.  If Josh Smith stopped chucking up too many three's the Pistons I feel could sneak in that 8th seed and make the playoffs.  Andre Drummond is playing like a stud in the pre-season.  Greg Monroe is back for at least one more year.  I want to know what took so long with that?.   The 8th seed was the hardest.  I could possibly see Atlanta or even New York finishing here.



Okay so I've made my top 8 Eastern Conference Predictions. What are yours? Send me your comments. Thank you for reading Pro Basketball Hoops Land.  I want to tell everyone, on the left side of my blog you will see merchandise in alphabetical order of your favorite pro basketball team.  I hope you will make a purchase today.  Send me your feedback on any ideas you'd like to see on the blog. 

2 comments:

Michael Matheson said...

The Raptors will finish no lower than 3rd and could challenge for 2nd.

They have depth at every position.

Great defensive PG, 2 outstanding defensive 3s (Ross and Johnson), 3 defensive minded 4s (Amir, Patterson and Hansborough) and 2 defensive minded 5s (Nogueira and Hayes).

Add to that the improving defence of guys who will be counted on to score: DeMar and Valanciunas.

They are a very scary team, and are consistently under rated.

Scott said...

I respect your opinion. I like hearing other reader's opinions. You are right they could possibly challenge for 2nd. Many Eastern Conference teams have gotten stronger. I admit Toronto took me by surprise last year. This year I could see them possibly be between 2 and 5 seed.