About Me

My photo
My name is Scott Meckley. I enjoy blogging, and getting involved with internet marketing. I love working from home because you have the opportunity to create time freedom for yourself.

Search This Blog

Share My Blog

Victor Oladipo

Philadelphia 76ers Rugs

All-In-One Bookmarking Button

share

Philadelphia 76ers Players Jerseys and T-Shirts Shop

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Nikola Vucevic double-double leads to Magic winning over Knicks: The First half of the season so far: Thoughts on Next Season

Robbed of being in the 2015 All-Star Game,  and a nice guy. I know this because last Friday's nights game against the Lakers when it was over, I got to meet Orlando Magic reliable double-double machine seven foot center Nikola Vucevic.   I'm proud of the way he's played this season.  The Orlando Magic last night at the Amway Center defeated the New York Knicks 89-83.  Nikola Vucevic scored 28 points and 18 rebounds.  Six foot four two guard Victor Oladipo scored 19 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists.   At 17-39 I don't want to ride the season off just yet, but I'm one of those that believes you either go all in to make the playoffs, or you and I will quote Bill Simmons here sandbag it.   The fact that we are in the Eastern Conference gives me hope, but at the same time do we really want to be sitting around the 10th-14th pick.  I'm not encouraging for the Orlando Magic to lose on purpose but I think to get in, we are going to have to win at least 35 games which means we will have to go 18-8 in the second half of the season.  Unless Orlando Magic GM Rob Henningan has something up his sleeve I don't see that happening.  I'm all for one more top 5 lottery pick, then next year we go all in. What are your thoughts on this?   Here are the stats for each team.



Orlando Magic Double-Digit Scorers

Nikola Vucevic- 28 points, 18 rebounds, 12/20 FG, 4/6 FT
Victor Oladipo- 19 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 4/11 FG, 11/11 FT, 0/2 3PTFG
Willie Green- 13 points, 2 assists, 4/8 FG, 3/4 FT, 2/3 3PTFG
Elfrid Payton- 12 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 4/8 FG, 4/5 FT, 0/1 3PTFG




New York Double-Digit Scorers

Jason Smith- 25 points, 7 rebounds, 10/16 FG, 4/6 FT, 1/1 3PTFG
Andrea Bargnani- 11 points, 5 rebounds, 3/9 FG, 5/6 FT
Tim Hardaway Jr. 10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2/9 FG, 5/7 FT, 1/6 3PTFG




Orlando Magic Statistical Breakdown

Team Field Goal Percentage- 46%
Team Three Point Percentage- 36%
Team Free Throw Percentage- 82%
Team Rebounds- 44 ( 37- Defensive Boards and 7- Offensive Boards
Team Assists- 13
Team Steals- 6
Team Turnovers- 16
Team Blocks- 9  ( 6 of them by Dewyane Dedmon)



New York Knicks Statistical Breakdown


Team Field Goal Percentage- 34%
Team Three Point Percentage- 33%
Team Free Throw Percentage- 77%
Team Rebounds- 39 ( 31- Defensive Boards and 8- Offensive Boards)
Team Assists- 19
Team Steals- 7
Team Turnovers- 12
Team Blocks- 4





I know the season isn't over yet, but I'm fired up for next season already, because I'm purchasing season tickets, and going to be starting an Orlando Magic Blog.   I am enjoying this season win or lose.  I don't remember what news channel it was last Friday but I was interviewed about the firing of Jacque Vaughn, and I made the suggestion of Mark Jackson, George Karl or Avery Johnson.   I'm impressed with our selections of Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton from the lottery.  If Tobias doesn't get an extension, I'd have no problem with us starting Gordon at the 3.





I know this is early to think about, but I feel we should select Myles Turner in the 2015 Draft. Turner can block shots and knock down the three.  Turner has been compared to LaMarcus Aldridge.  Turner could also move over to the 5 when Nikola Vucevic rests.   Myles Turner can provide some shot blocking next to Vucevic in the paint.    What are your thoughts about the first half of the season?  Do you think we should makes some big moves before the deadline?  Should be sandbag and go for a top lottery pick to go all in next year?  Send me your comments and thank you for reading Pro Basketball Hoops Land. The place where you can read articles, send comments and purchase pro basketball merchandise from the left side of my blog.

No comments: