About Me

My photo
My name is Scott Meckley. I enjoy blogging, and getting involved with internet marketing. I love working from home because you have the opportunity to create time freedom for yourself.

Search This Blog

Share My Blog

Victor Oladipo

Philadelphia 76ers Rugs

All-In-One Bookmarking Button

share

Philadelphia 76ers Players Jerseys and T-Shirts Shop

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Turner hits game winning shot for the Celtics over top Eastern Conference Team the Atlanta Hawks

I only wished I had NBA TV or the League Pass, so I could have watched this game.  Growing up and started watching basketball in the 80's I was a die hard Celtics fan watching Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parrish.  Last night's game has to be the oddest and interesting game in Boston Celtics History.  I've always heard it doesn't matter how you start a game, but how you finish a game that matters.  The Boston Celtics never once in this game lead until Evan Turner hits a game winning jumper to give the Boston Celtics an 89-88 over top seeded Eastern Conference NBA Team Atlanta Hawks.  I have to admit I'm stunned and baffled by this win.  To me a win is a win though as long as you played within the rules.  Jared Sullinger lead the way for the Boston Celtics with a double-double by scoring 17 points and 15 rebounds.   Marcus Thornton scored 14 points and 3 rebounds off the bench. Evan Turner scored 12 points, 9 assists, and 7 rebounds.   The Boston Celtics trail the 8th seeded Miami Heat by 1 and a half game for the 8th seed.   In the loss for the Atlanta Hawks, Al Horford lead the way with 22 points and 12 rebounds. DeMarre Carroll added 14 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals.    Here are the stats for each team.




Boston Celtics Double-Digit Scorers

Jared Sullinger- 17 points, 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 6/15 FG, 4/4 FT, 1/2 3PTFG
Marcus Thornton- 14 points, 3 rebounds, 4/10 FG, 4/6 3PTFG, 2/2 FT
Evan Turner- 12 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, 4/11 FG, 4/4 FT, 0/3 3PTFG
Avery Bradley- 11 points, 7 rebounds, 4/13 FG, 1/5 3PTFG, 2/2/ FT
Marcus Smart- 11 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 3/12 FG, 2/7 3PTFG, 3/4 FT




Atlanta Hawks Double-Digit Scorers

Al Horford- 22 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 11/15 FG, 0/2 3PTFG
DeMarre Carroll- 14 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 4/15 FG, 2/7 3PTFG, 4/5 FT
Paul Millsap- 11 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3/11 FG, 5/8 FT, 0/3 3PTFG
Jeff Teague- 10 points, 8 assists, 2 blocks, 4/12 FG, 0/4 3PTFG, 2/2 FT







I want to know what are your thoughts on this win?  What are your first half of the season thoughts?  Send me your comments and thank you for reading Pro Basketball Hoops Land. The place where you can read articles, send comments and purchase pro basketball merchandise.

No comments: