About Me

My photo
My name is Scott Meckley. I enjoy blogging, and getting involved with internet marketing. I love working from home because you have the opportunity to create time freedom for yourself.

Search This Blog

Share My Blog

Victor Oladipo

Philadelphia 76ers Rugs

All-In-One Bookmarking Button

share

Philadelphia 76ers Players Jerseys and T-Shirts Shop

Sunday, October 12, 2014

2014-2015 Southwest Division Predictions

Today I am going to talk about my 2014-2015 Season Southwest Division Predictions.  Here is what I"m going to do, 1)  I'm going to give my list of who will finish where, and 2)  I'm going to give a short description about each team.




2014-2015 Southwest Division Predictions


  1. San Antonio Spurs
  2. Dallas Mavericks
  3. Memphis Grizzlies
  4. New Orleans Pelicans
  5. Houston Rockets





1) San Antonio-  The 2014 NBA Champs San Antonio Spurs, have one of the greatest, if not the best coach in the NBA in Gregg Popovich.   Gregg Popovich the Spurs coach knows how to manage his players minutes. Last year not one player averaged more than 30 minutes per game in the regular season.  The Spurs brought back point guard Patrick Mills better known as Patty Mills.  The Spurs with the 30th pick in the 2014 NBA Draft took Kyle Anderson.  Kyle Anderson to me is a cross between Boris Diaw and Lamar Odom.  Another point forward the Spurs have with the draft selection of Anderson.  The Spurs are the most unselfish NBA team I've ever watched.   I feel that other teams should model after the Spurs.  They are going to finish first for the reasons I've stated.




2) Dallas-  I liked that they brought back Tyson Chandler. The last time the Dallas Mavericks had Tyson Chandler they won an NBA Title.   I like the pickup of Chandler Parsons.  Parsons at 26 years old I feel could be a young piece to help the Mavs move forward when Dirk retires.   Chandler Parsons adds some scoring fire power which adds to helping out Dirk Nowitzki and Monta Ellis.  I'm not sure how point guard Jameer Nelson and Raymond Felton will pan out,  but I feel the Mavs will be better than last year.  I could see the Mavericks possibly winning an NBA Title in 2015. 




3) Memphis -  You possibly could have Dallas here and Memphis at 2.  I just feel that Dallas will be the better team.  The Grizzlies though will be a playoff team in the Western Conference.  The Grizzlies signed ex- Dallas Mavericks athletic wing player Vince Carter.  I feel that Vince will be a great addition to the Memphis Grizzlies bench, since Mike Miller is now in Cleveland.  Last year if Marc Gasol would have stayed healthy most of the season, they could have been a 3 seed in the Western Conference.  The Grizzlies could be a 5 or 6 seed this year, who knows.  




4) New Orleans-  I think the acquisition of Omer Asik will help the Pelicans big time.  Asik can also be on the court to cover at the paint.  Omer Asik could be the most improved player in the NBA.  Sometimes last year he didn't start for Houston.   I'd like to see Eric Gordon be healthy. John Salmons was acquired which is a good pickup.  The Pelicans also added sharpshooter Jimmer Fredette.  If healthy this team could even possibly finish 3rd or 2nd.  I just don't know how the health will be, so I went with 4th.  This to me is the toughest division to predict.




5) Houston-  Losing Chandler Parsons was huge, but they got Trevor Ariza who is a better defender.  They lost most of the their bench (Jeremy Lin to the Lakers, Omer Asik to the Pelicans).  They did acquire veteran Jason Terry.  I just feel that this was a hard choice who to put 5th.  I think on paper the roster of the Pelicans was better.  James Harden has to start playing defense.  I do think that if the Rockets don't finish last it will be because of Dwight Howard, scoring of James Harden, and defense of Trevor Ariza.  









Okay so those are my 2014-2015 Southwest Division Predictions.  What do you agree with? What do you disagree with? Send me your thoughts on this. Thank you for reading Pro Basketball Hoops Land. The place where you can read articles, send comments and purchase pro basketball merchandise. 

No comments: