About Me

My photo
My name is Scott Meckley. I enjoy blogging, and getting involved with internet marketing. I love working from home because you have the opportunity to create time freedom for yourself.

Search This Blog

Share My Blog

Victor Oladipo

Philadelphia 76ers Rugs

All-In-One Bookmarking Button

share

Philadelphia 76ers Players Jerseys and T-Shirts Shop

Sunday, October 12, 2014

2014-2015 Pacific Division Predictions

This is the last post for this year about the division predictions,  stayed tuned later in the week when I release my Eastern and Western Conference Playoff Predictions.   In this post I am going to be talking about the Pacific Division which includes these teams, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns and the Sacramento Kings.    Here are the things I"m going to do  1)  I'm going to give my Pacific Division Predictions of who will finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th,  2)  I will give a description about each of the teams



2014-2015 Pacific Division Predictions


  1. Los Angeles Clippers
  2. Golden State Warriors
  3. Los Angeles Lakers
  4. Phoenix Suns
  5. Sacramento Kings





1) Los Angeles Clippers-  The Clippers have been a rising franchise since the drafting of Blake Griffin, and trading for Chris Paul.  They added some depth at center and power forward now with the signings of Spencer Hawes and Ekpe Udoh.  Hawes is the guy I want in for the last 4 minutes of the game because of how bad DeAndre Jordan is at the free throw line.  I hate that the Clippers lost Darren Collison to the Kings, but I still feel they will win the Pacific Division hands down. 




2) Golden State Warriors-  The starting five on this team is exciting.  The backcourt is entertaining with point guard Stephen Curry, and two guard Klay Thompson.  The Warriors added Shaun Livingston and LeAndro Barbosa.  I would have liked to see Jermaine O Neal return, but I haven't heard word about him yet.  If I didn't think the Clippers are going to be great, you could have the Warriors 1st. There can only be one division winner and I feel it will be the Clippers.  The Clippers VS Warriors match up is exciting to watch.  




3) Los Angeles Lakers-  With having a new coach in Byron Scott, and some quality pieces, the Lakers will be better than last year. They added Carlos Boozer, Jeremy Lin, Ed Davis and drafted Julius Randle.  Kobe injury last year didn't help the Lakers season, but this season will be different.  It's possible the Lakers could be the 8th seed in the Western Conference, or total bottom out, because of how tough the Western Conference is.  I feel Kobe won't have as much pressure to score since the arrival of Jeremy Lin.  If he rises up like he did with New York, you could see the Lakers making the playoffs.  Do you think the Lakers improved themselves?




4) Phoenix Suns-  It could be a toss up at 3 with the Lakers and Suns.  The Suns lost Channing Frye to the Orlando Magic.  The Suns came so close last year to making the playoffs, and were the 2nd surprising team besides Portland last year.  If the Suns were in the East they would have been in no question.  The backcourt of the Suns is now stacked with Goran Dragic, Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, Zoran Dragic and Tyler Ennis.   Will the Suns be as good as last year?  I don't know.  It will be interesting to see how they play.




5) Sacramento Kings-  I keep hoping that the Kings will finally put things together.  With the Clippers and Warriors rising,  it might be difficult for them to do.  It's possible that the Kings could finish 3rd or 4th.  To be honest 3, 4 and 5 was harder for me to predict than 1  and 2.  The Kings did sign Darren Collision and Ramon Sessions.  I feel that's not an upgrade to Isaiah Thomas who went to Phoenix.  Will Ben McLemore have a better sophomore season than his rookie season?  I didn't want to put the Kings here because I like them, but I feel they will finish last.  I'd like to see an upgrade at power forward from this team.  






Okay so those are my Pacific Division Predictions.  What do you agree with? What do you disagree with? Send me your comments. Thank you for reading Pro Basketball Hoops Land.  The blog where you can read articles, share your thoughts and purchase pro basketball merchandise. 

No comments: