About Me

My photo
My name is Scott Meckley. I enjoy blogging, and getting involved with internet marketing. I love working from home because you have the opportunity to create time freedom for yourself.

Search This Blog

Share My Blog

Victor Oladipo

Philadelphia 76ers Rugs

All-In-One Bookmarking Button

share

Philadelphia 76ers Players Jerseys and T-Shirts Shop

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Minnesota Timberwolves and the number 2 pick

It is known that the Minnesota Timberwolves are getting the number 2 pick next Thursday night in the NBA Draft. What should they do with it? Many think they should trade it off. The only problem I have with it is the fact its the closest pick to number one I've seen them have. Here below are some suggestions they can do with the number two pick.

1) Keep the Number 2 and draft Derrick Williams- this is of course if Kyrie Irving is off the board. Some say Derrick Williams is a lot like Beasley. I feel that Williams will be better or just as good as Beasley. I think Williams will be a 20 point scorer and I personally like him alongside Kevin Love and Michael Beasley. Some may not but I do.


2) Keep the Number 2 and draft Kyrie Irving- Ok I know with Rubio coming over this may be a bad option. I heard that Cuban was interesting in Rubio and T-Wolves were interested in getting a veteran. I don't know how well this would work but what if Dallas trades off Shawn Marion this 2011 and 2012 first rounders for Ricky Rubio and takes also on Darko Milicic. Not that Darko is great but he could be a backup to Dirk or Chandler, Haywood. You could have a lineup of Irving, Wesley Johnson, Shawn Marion, Michael Beasley and Kevin Love


3) Trade the number 2 pick - This is also depending on who they land. Once talk was something about the Raptors would trade there 5th pick to move up to the 2nd pick. This I heard was only if they drafted Irving. If Toronto drafted Jan Vesely with the 5th pick and traded him to T-Wolves for either Derrick Williams or Kyrie Irving that would be a good trade for the Raptors.


4) Keep the number 2 pick and draft Enes Kanter- I really am not sold on this idea though. I'm not really sure I could see a frontcourt of Michael Beasley, Kevin Love and Enes Kanter existing very well. It could work but I just don't see it.


Minnesota Timberwolves are a team I feel sorry for. Ever since the trade of Sam Cassell and a 1st rounder for Marko Jaric this franchise has gone down the toilet. I really do feel sorry for T-Wolves fans. I do like to root for the underdog teams at times. I also like to watch the NBA Draft to see what underdog teams will do on draft night. I do feel this team needs a veteran and its not likely that they would get Jason Terry from the Mavericks which is why I made the Shawn Marion suggestion. I also thought it was nuts when Kahn drafted three point guards in 2008 I think it was. T-Wolves have two first round picks in this draft the #2 pick and the #20 pick. So I hope Kahn drafts smart and takes Williams with the #2 pick and take Marshon Brooks with the #20 pick.

No comments: